Un fiume di problemi.
ISI Foundation Newsletter, June 2012.
[pdf file (italian)]
V Colizza, A Vespignani
The Flu Fighters.
Physics World, February 2010.
[read post] [cover]
Health officials ponder how to fight stowaway microbes.
The National (UAE national newspaper), January 3, 2010.
People interact. They travel. And diseases might travel with them.
Airneth, Worldwide scientific network for aviation research and policy, September 2009.
[read post] [pdf file]
G Caldarelli, V Colizza
Tutte le trame del mondo.
Sapere, February 2008.
V. Colizza, A. Vespignani & E. Hardy, Impact of Air Travel on Global Spread of Infectious Diseases, Places & Spaces: Mapping Science Exhibition, http://www.scimaps.org, 2007 exhibit: The Power of Forecasts.
geographic and infection features, and intervention scenarios on a pandemic, simulated using GLEaM, the GLobal Epidemic and Mobility model.
Epidemic Planet has been conceived as an installation for scientific exhibitions meant to disseminate the long-running research based on GLEaM. Its first public appearance was at the 3 months long INFECTIOUS Art & Science exhibition at the Science Gallery, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. Following events and exhibits included:
* The Endinburgh International Science Festival, April 3-17, 2010.
* Science beyond Fiction: An Excursion into Future and Emerging Technologies, European Parliament, Strasbourg, France, April 2010.
* CosmoCaixa Mòbil Tecnorevolución, Spain, September 2010.
* International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, SC10, New Orleans, Louisiana, November 13-19, 2010.
* Science on a Sphere
* CosmoCaixa Barcelona, March 2012 - February 2013.
* End of the World Exhibit, Planetarium of Turin, Museum of Astronomy and Space, May-September 2013
* Beautiful Science Exhibit, British Library of London, February-May 2014.
Do you want to engage your public at your next scientific exhibition? Do you want to present how infectious diseases can be modeled and how new technology can be used for this purpose? Check out this document for more details and contact us!
Tutorials and science dissemination lectures.
Talk for the Young Scientist Award 2013, assigned by the German Physical Society, March 11, 2013. See more at: http://www.dpg-physik.de/dpg/gliederung/fv/soe/index.html?print=true& and in the news.
Invited tutorial on Spreading Processes & Complexity at the National Academies Keck Futures Initiative 2008 on Complex Systems. The tutorial was webcasted on Sept 24, 2008 - here you can also find the Q&A session following the webcast.
Meetings and workshops organization.
- Satellite Meeting "Modeling of disease contagion processes" @ECCS2014, Lucca, September 25, 2014.
- Satellite Meeting "Modeling of disease contagion processes" @ECCS2013, Barcelona, September 18, 2013.
- Satellite Meeting "Temporal and Dynamic networks: from data to model" @NetSci2013, Copenhagen, June 3-4, 2013.
- Epiwork International Workshop "Digital Epidemiology", Turin, Italy, May 30-31, 2013.
- Satellite Meeting "Data-driven modeling of contagion processes" @ECCS’12, Brussels, September 5, 2012.
- EE2 EPIWORK-EpiFor 2nd International Workshop “Facing the Challenge of Infectious Diseases – Integrating mathematical modeling, computational thinking and ICT applications”, Courmayer (Aosta), Italy, January 18-20, 2012.
- ESOF2010 (EuroScience OpenForum) Scientific Session “The role of human mobility in shaping epidemics: from face-to-face interactions to air travel“, Turin, Italy, July 2-7, 2010. [Selected among the TOP 20 Scientific Sessions]
- International Workshop "Frontiers in the Computational Modeling of Disease Spreading“ @ ICCS2010, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, May 31-June 2, 2010.
- International Workshop on Network Science – NetSci09, Istituto Veneto di Scienze Lettere ed Arti, Venice, Italy, June 29-July 03, 2009.
- International Workshop “Facing the Challenge of Infectious Diseases – Integrating mathematical modeling, computational thinking and ICT applications”, ISI Foundation, Turin, Italy October 13-17, 2008.